Open Class Competitions
2022 Open Class Registration Information
• Quilts entries will only be accepted on Sunday, August 7th from 3-6 pm.
• Fine Arts, Crafts, and Needle Arts entries will be accepted on Sunday, August 7th from 3-6 pm and Monday, August 8th from noon-7 pm.
• Culinary, Flowers, Fruits, Vegetables, Woodworking, Collections, and Hobbies entries will be only accepted on Monday, August 8th from noon-7 pm.
• All open class exhibits will be released on Sunday, August 14th from 11 am-1 pm.
Pre-registration of exhibits is available and appreciated! forms can be found by clicking the links above and can be mailed or emailed. In order to get them processed on time, the cut-off date for pre-entries is August 1st.
• Email: email@example.com
• Mailing Address: Goodhue County Fair, PO Box 214, Zumbrota, MN 55992
If you do not pre-enter, bring your item(s) to the fair on entry day, Monday, August 8. Here are a few tips to speed up the entering process:
• Provide an address label to attach to the entry forms for each division. This will ensure correct spelling on your premium check and an address if we need to mail the check to you.
• Provide a label with your name and hometown for the exhibit tag that will be placed with your entry.
• Be prepared with the class and lot numbers for each item that you are entering.
$1 per person – enter all of the items you want for one small fee!
• Open class competitive exhibits at the Goodhue County Fair are judged according to the American awards system. Items in a lot are judge against each other and every lot may receive only one blue (1st), one red (2nd) and one white (3rd).
• Each division may handle awarding Champion and Reserve Champion differently, but generally one Champion and Reserve Champion are rewarded in each class or age division.
• Best of Show is chosen from all Champions in the division. Award of Merits & Honorable Mentions may be awarded to blue ribbon winners that were considered for champion. Again, each division and judge may handle and define these special awards differently.
• Judges have the final say for all awards presented.
Special Food Contests
Calling all bakers!
Decorated Cupcake Contest
Sponsored by Bridget’s Café, Zumbrota
Thursday, August 11, 2022, at the Beer Garden
Entries are accepted from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Judging starts at 4:05 p.m.
Two Age Categories:
1) Kid’s Contest for those 8 – 14 years of age
2) Adults – 15 years old and over
Rules and requirements:
1) Must display one dozen cupcakes.
2) Decorated cupcakes may be different/assorted.
3) Decoration and cupcakes must be edible.
4) Cake mixes are allowed.
5) One entry per person.
• Taste 50%
• Creativity 30%
• Appearance 20%